Is it easy for Saudi expats to have a wedding in Kuwait?
As an expat in Saudi, you might be wondering about your options to have a wedding in Kuwait. Getting married in Saudi can be a long and troublesome process, most expats usually opt for other easy wedding locations. Kuwait is a GCC country, operating under Sharia law just like Saudi. Sharia law can be rigid in its own way.
Easy wedding requirements in Kuwait for Saudi expats
To legalize your marriage in Kuwait, the involved parties are required to have a legal resident permit. This can make the process difficult, especially if either you or your future spouse are not a residents in Kuwait. Most GCC countries do not accommodate visitors in their marriage laws.
Below is the detailed list of documents required for you to get married in Kuwait
- Civil ID/Passport for residents
- Letter from the Executive Committee and the personal identification (for illegal resident applicant)
- Determination of heirs for widow applicants
- Letter from Public Institution for Social security (if the groom is a student/retired/unemployed)
- Determination of heirs (the if guardian is deceased)
- Proof of divorce
- Power of attorney
- Permit to marry (if the groom is employed in the military)
- The presence of the bride’s guardian is essential
- Two witnesses are required
You will have to file these documents in court along with an application form and a fee to legalize your marriage. These documents have to be provided in Arabic.
Verdict on an easy wedding for Saudi expats
If you are an interfaith, interracial, or non-Muslim expat couple, it is advised that you choose other easy wedding options to get married. Beautiful countries like Georgia and Seychelles are ready to welcome international couples. They offer cooperative marriage laws with a swift process. Having an online wedding in the comfort of your home is another excellent option for you.
Curious about other easy wedding options? If you are an expat living in Kuwait or Saudi, our team is here to help you through the process.